Friday, December 14, 2012


Yummy Banana Almond Chai Smoothie

For some reason I was craving chai tea this morning and I didn't have any.  But I remembered a recipe that I heard of for a Banana Chai Smoothie.  So I went online to check you tube to see how people were making them.  Most of them used Tazo Chai tea or a brewed bag chai tea.  I didn't have either of these at my disposal at the time - however, I did have a cabinet full of spices.  So I decided to make my own.  Here's my recipe:

INGREDIENTS

2 Bananas

Ice

Almond Milk (or the milk of your choice - about 1 cup)

A handful of Almonds (mine were dry roasted with no salt or seasonings - raw may be better)

Chai Blend (using what I had in cabinet)
      (None of this was measured, but I estimated quantities for you here)
  • ground cinnamon  (about 1 tablespoon)
  • ground allspice      (about 3 teaspoons)
  • black pepper          (about 1 teaspoons)
  • ground cardamom (about 1 tablespoon)
Maple Syrup, to taste

DIRECTIONS

Blend it all up and enjoy.  I think this is probably about 2 servings so don't go overboard!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment