Monday, December 17, 2012

Green Split Pea Soup

Ok so doing this vegetarian thing again hasn't been as challenging as I thought it would be.....especially if I decide to cook.  It's also pretty cheap, because meat is expensive.  Another common "excuse" is "But where do I get my protien from?" There are vegetable protein sources and beans & legumes are one of them.  I love split pea soup, especially in the cold months.  Here is a vegetarian version I hope you will like.

 
Ingredients:
 
about 3 cups of water
 
vegetable boullion
 
1-1/2 cups of green split peas
 
diced or shreaded carrot
 
1 tablespoon of olive oil
 
garlic powder or diced garlic (to taste)
 
salt & pepper (to taste)
 
 
Directions:

Bring water to a boil.  Add boullion and seasonings and oil.  Then add the peas & carrots.
 
Simmer until peas start to breakdown and become mushy (but you should still see some whole peas).
 
Cook for about 30 minutes and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment