Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Good-MorZing!
Citrus Fruit Smoothie
 
(and a bit on Emotional Eating)
 
Hey Guys and Girls!
 
This is day 3 (yes, I am forever starting over and getting this thing right....it takes practice - Don't judge me! :) ) and I wanted to share some meals I put together for today.
 
My good friend told me I needed to start posting again....so here I am.
 
I stand before you, professing that I am an EMOTIONAL EATER.  I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I'm sad, I eat when I'm bored, I eat when I'm mad (no I am not quoting Dr. Suess!)  But surprisingly, moving towards "eating right"this time really hasn't been a huge challenge.  I think it is just time to do it. I must admit I almost got a glass of wine last night when my family was driving me crazy, but I said "No, go in your art room, sit quietly, do yoga".  So I was able to find my peace.  And the craving went away. 
 
If you are like me, I encourage you to check in with your emotions before you put something in your mouth.  I raise my kids that way, but I have to extend that same discipline to myself.  It is the real challenge for me.  But drawing focus towards the quality of my food has allowed me to become more conscious of what I eat.  I generally hate fast food, but in a pinch I will grab a combo knowing it will make me feel bad after I eat it.  So now I'm thinking, "I don't want to feel sluggish, I like this light feeling that I feel in my body." 
 
On with the recipes....today I made two juices/smoothies that will probably last me two days.  I don't need to survive off of juice, because right  now I am still eating solid foods (mostly raw, but there may be some cooked beans, tofu, rice, etc. at this point until I get it to being less refined).  Both juice/smoothies are quite tasty!
 
Good-MorZing! Citrus Fruit Smoothie
1 orange
1/2 grapefruit
1 banana
piece of ginger (or ginger powder if you are in a pinch)
water and/or apple juice
ice
 
Mix in blender and serve fresh!
 
Mean Green & Lean Juice
1/2 cucumber peeled
1 stalk of celery
handful of spinach
1 pear
water and/or apple juice
ice
 
Mix in blender and serve fresh!
 
Normally I only use water, but I had apple juice and it made it super sweet.  Use this trick if you have someone who thinks they don't like Green Juice.....it will fool them every time!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment