Wednesday, March 6, 2013

 
Hummus & Vegetables - Snack Time!
 
 
My kids love to snack on finger foods.  I am trying to get in as many cleansing foods as I possibly can as I change my eating habits.  Top of the list are celery, cucumber and asparagus. I am using them to dip in my homemade hummus.
 
Homemade Hummus
 
1 cup cooked chickpeas (I cook them in a small crockpot over night instead of using canned)
1 heaping tablespoon of Tahini (sesame seed paste)
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 clove of garlic or garlic poweder (to taste)
2 tablespoons of water (if you have a powerful blender or food processor you may not need this)
 
Put everything in the blender and enjoy!
 
Dippers can be anything,  You can use:
pita bread/chips
crackers
carrots
celery
cucumber
asparagus
bell peppers
Make a sandwich -  The choices are endless.
 
There are lots of recipes with add-ins like chili powder, roasted almonds, olives, roasted peppers, black beans, etc.  Feel free to experiement and come up with your own recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment